Featured Blog: (#1) The Written Word

The new featured member is Hadiyah J. Stephens, a 18-year-old from Australia. She can be found at The Written Word, a creative writing blog with some very awing posts. I wrote to Hadiyah with interview questions, and she was kind enough to respond:

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Wow, ten years is a long time. If my dreams come true, I would be a published, world-inspiring novelist. I also would be teaching children, teens and adults alike in Creative Writing, Arts & Crafts and just simply learning and enjoying it. I believe that learning can be fun and people need to know it!


What is your favourite junk food?
I don’t really know. I don’t think I have a favourite food, much less a favourite junk food. There are so many! I suppose, due to my mood and the weather at the moment (finally warming up!) it would be ice-cream. Specifically mint, coffee or pistachio flavouring. Lovely and refreshing on a warm, sunny day.
Why is there never ice cream weather in Ireland?

Are you working on any creative writing projects at the moment? Which genre?
I’m always working on a creative writing project. The current novel I’m working on is a dystopian, post-apocalyptic story in which the world economy has completely collapsed and the world has divided itself into two factions... the Nationals and the Forgotten. My MC is a part of the Forgotten and believes that the Nationals are monsters that want to destroy her world and her people. But, as the story progresses, she comes to realise that the ones she saw as unemotional machines are people too, who think the same of her as she does of them. I haven’t quite figured out what she does come this realisation. She’s a very traumatic character to write.

I’m also working on the next issue of my newsletter that covers articles, stories, poems and activities written by me or people that submit their work. It’s designed mostly for kids and teens and can be found on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. heey,
    great blog!!! *-*
    Can you please follow me back? (i follow already)
    If you want, please, follow my twitter, I'd appreciate!!
    XoXo
    @_AliceDias

    http://bringit-up.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is cheerios and chocolate!! ^_^
    I'm a new follower, would you please check out my blog? And maybe follow?

    www.giegiecan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete