TBC Won The Liebster Blog Award!

Thanks very much to Tigi from Hungarian Student who kindly gave me a Liebster Blog Award! I don't usually do "personal" posts on TBC, but since it was the first time TBC has gotten an award, I'll make an exception! In case anyone is unfamiliar with the rules of The Liebster Blog Award, here they are in full: 

(1). Thank the blogger who presented this award and answer their questions.

(2). Write 11 random facts about yourself. 
(3). Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. 


-------------------------------
11 FACTS:
-------------------------------
(1). My personal blog's title, The Fence Of Stars, comes from the Irish phrase for our galaxy. It's inspired by my interest in cosmic and generally far-out things!

(2) I live in the West of Ireland, but would have a breakdown if I thought I had to stay here for all my life.

(3).I am a bit of a health-nut, who jogs regularly, doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, or even drink cola!

(4).It is my dream to finally finish a novel. My favourite genres are fantasy fiction (as opposed to what, I ask you? TRUE fantasy?), science fiction, or historical. Preferably a mixture of all three.  


(5).I didn't set foot on a train until last summer, shortly after I turned 16 years old. This always surprises city-people, who take it for granted that they go on public transport everyday!


(6). My favourite subject in school is History, and love learning about other times and places..

(7). I hope to study Law at university, but if this doesn't work out, I would like to be a social worker, translator, librarian, historian, or political scientist.

(8). I love Ye Olde English, Shakespearean and other anything from the 19th Century. 

(9). I am a stereotypical nerd in that I suck at sports, have many allergies, am oblivious to fashion, and could give useless facts for hours on end.

(10). I am a very cynical, analytical person, who questions every quo there is. 

(11). My height is 160cm, and as I am already the 2nd tallest woman in my family, there isn't much hope left!


Now, for Tigi's questions:


(1). Are you a synesthete? If it was a choice, would you be one?

Interesting question! I am not a synesthete, and even though it sounds (or feels? Any synesthetes out there get this joke?) interesting, I don't think I'd choose yet another quirk for my personality..

(2). High heels or sneakers? Why?

I dislike both of them, and feel like such a chav wearing sneakers everyday, due to my school's narrow-minded uniform policy. I think high heels look very trashy unless you're very dressed up, and sneakers rarely look good with anything. However, of the two, I would pick sneakers for everyday wear. Also, did you people know high heels were originally mens' shoes? In the 1600s, European courtiers wore them to show their status. If you were rich enough to own such impractical shoes, you must never need to labour, which means you have servants and a lot of wealth. In the 19th Century, high heels were worn by women in "unsavoury" photos, and, like a lot of fashion trends today, it seeped into mainstream culture.

(3). Alone or in a team?

I love getting to know other people, but generally, if it's something important or I think I know what I'm doing, I would choose to work alone. Unless, of course, I'm the one who doesn't know what she's doing :/

(4). If you could, would you bear arms?

I am very opposed to violence, and think the world would be better off without guns. If I imagine myself going into a dangerous situation, I wish I was armed, but then I realise everyone else also wishes this, and we're just making the playing field more violent. I dislike the notion that someone can convince others the world is evil enough to justify their evil, so, no, I would not bear arms,

(5). Why and how did you start TBC?

I started TBC in October 2012 because I was bored during mid-term break, and looking for some more bloggers my own age to follow. I noticed there were already communities for mom-bloggers, 20-something bloggers, etc, and since teens are such a niche group, who not us as well? Most teenagers lose interest with writing because no one is reading their work, but TBC hopefully gives them a platform. As for how, I used just my own knowledge of HTML and blogging.

(6). Children or pets?

I always tease my mother by saying allergies run in our family, and I will probably have a kid who is allergic to her pets (my mother is the kind who brings her terrier around in a baby-sling, and is never seen without at least one pet), but she says my wimpy child would just have to grow a pair, because Ma doesn't neglect her cuddle-bugs for anyone. This makes me want to choose children, but since I plan on being a careerwoman, I may have to choose cats.

(7). Do you consider installations art? Why?

I'm not sure what you mean by installations, but if you're referring to interior design, I would say it requires some artistic skill, if not as much as painting a picture or writing a poem would. If I had money, I would go to IKEA and buy EVERYTHING. Another sad fact about me was that I didn't go to an IKEA until last summer, but that was when I was staying with my relatives in Sweden, and it is difficult to avoid IKEA there!

(8). Favourite piece of literature?

It would be impossible to choose, so I won't even start rambling on!

(9). Which dwarf would you be from Snow White?

Fun question! Right now, sleepy..

(10). Do you have a dream you couldn't give up?

That would be seeing the world, and "enhancing myself as an individual". I could never finish school, get married, and live next door to my parents without ever opening my mind, which, ironically, is what my parents did.

(11). If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Interestingly, my friend and I had this conversation once.. She wanted to get magnets inserted into her fingers, so she could command the "realm of the metal". I spent a long time trying to think of something unsuperficial, so in the end, I narrowed it down to being a better conversationalist.

-----------------------------------
Thanks again for the award, Tigi! Since this is a community, I award all the members of TBC.. Here are your questions:

(1). What song is stuck in your head right now?
(2). Is there anything you consider vital that they don't teach in schools?
(3). If you could time-travel to any place/era, where would you go?
(4). What if you had to stay there forever?
(5). Do you follow politics? What party?
(6). If you had to dye your hair, what colour would you choose?
(7). What have you always planned to learn how to do, but never gotten around to?
(8). Can you play any instruments?
(9). Have you ever been to another country?
(10). What was the last good book you read?
(11). What one piece of advice makes anyone's life drastically better?

Comment below if you answered them!
:)

Also, I really appreciate the sentiment from anyone who gives TBC an award, but as it is a community and I have already introduced myself here, I won't generally be accepting them. Thanks for reading, and have a fun Monday (if that's possible....) :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for the interesting answers! :-)

    Scary, how many things we have in common: interest in law, history, writing, career, rather working alone, having many allergies, being short...

    By installation I meant things like this: http://anf.nu/wp-content/uploads/installation_view/anfischer_installation_view_02.jpg

    Have a nice day,
    Tigi

    ReplyDelete