Blogger of the Month: Kate from majesticgoldenrose

It's time to turn to spotlight to one of our communities great members again! Last month we had Vivian from Day-Dreamer, Night-Thinker over for an interview and now we'd like to introduce you to a new blogger. Meet this month's featured blogger: Kate from majesticgoldenrose!




Kate is a great story teller from the USA. Her post about her first ever flight is the most relatable thing I've come across in the blogosphere this month and will definitely put a smile on your face if you love travelling. She also regularly posts about her faith and has a blog chain which is open for everyone who'd like to join. Keep an eye out for her blog, more book related posts and posts about her trip to Costa Rica will come soon. Now, on to the questions. Let's get to know our Blogger of the Month a little better!


1) What is the most valuable piece of advice you received as a kid?


The most valuable thing I learned is that it matters a whole lot how you treat those around you. Maya Angelou said it like this: "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". 

Sure working hard and being authentic is good, and I got those messages just like anyone else, but sometimes it is easy to forget how much pain there is in the world, how many people feel shattered. When we dont try to make their day any better, "maybe a little depressed" turns into a life certain that there is no hope and no one would understand. Thats not okay. 

Sometimes all we need to do is listen to others and give them a hug to show we care, be part of the solution instead of making things worse. 



2) What is your favorite junk food?



Anything frozen makes me happy. Frozen berries and grapes, ice cream (yay for coffee ice cream!!) and even popsicles, the fruity ones that come in the clear plastic tubes. It can never be too cold for a yummy treat :) 



4) Which three places in the world would you go to if money wasn't a problem?



Hmmm. I spent a week at a Spanish Language School in Costa Rica in November and want to go back sometime because it was simply amazing. The only reasons I came back were 1) I missed cereal and 2) I missed my friends. True story. 

As for the other two, I dont feel like much of a Europe person. Isnt that weird? Everyone else is dying to get to London and Madrid and Paris and I think I would rather go to like... New Zealand or something. Nowhere specific, but I really want to study abroad somewhere out there. Probably in English because writing papers in Spanish sounds hard!! (Anyone recommend a program in your country for me?) 

Also I need to get myself out to the west. I'll have to stop at the beach in California of course to say I was there, but I want to spend a while in Idaho for some reason. In the mountains. Up by the border of Canada. With a lot of books and wifi and a camera. That sounds pretty good to me :) 

You can find Kate here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment