TBC Reader: March 2016



What's on this month's TBC newsletter:

Book Reviewing Blogs of TBC by the Editor 
An Untitled Poem on Books by Envy Fisher
99 Days: A book Review by Kate  
~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, bloggers of the world! We're proud to introduce the third issue of the TBC Reader! It's a special project for us and it's really great to see how enthusiastic you guys are when it comes to submitting, recycling and sharing your blogger squad's handiwork! Anyway, on to the notable mentions of our fellow bloggers who review books!

A Thousand Words A Million BooksAditi runs a gorgeous blog with beautiful aesthetics and post formatting. Just looking at her blog makes you want to stay and check out her posts! Her about page is totally rad (Arrow? Harry Potter? Automatically blogger buddy material!!) and with her consistent blogging schedule (you go girl!) I'm sure this book blogger will keep you entertained! Find her at A Thousand Words A Million Books!

cropped-cropped-cropped-banner.pngMarissa Nicole Reads is yet another bog with great aesthetic. The best part about this blog is how Marissa integrates her posts with life and reading together! My favorite one of her recent posts is a short one- a list of books that Marissa would read on her road trip to Florida. Already that post sounds exciting, doesn't it? You can bet the rest of the blog is just as good too!

The Araliya BookshelfThe Araliya Bookshelf is currently on hiatus but that doesn't mean you can't check out the archive! Once again, I'm dazzled by the brilliant photography and graphic editing- it's definitely eye catching and clinches your attention! I personally can't wait for this blog to get off hiatus- the content here looks amazing!

Pages of WonderlandWritten by Vivien, Pages of Wonderland is another book reviewing blog, except this blog punctuates its reviews with GIFs and memes! If there's anyway to keep an audience hooked, it's moving pictures!! Also, the fact that Vivien likes blood and gore automatically makes her a great person in my opinion! (what do you mean liking blood and gore is not a good thing??)

Check these blogs out! I couldn't link everyone, of course, but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate you! Keep it up with the blogging and reach out to the community so we get to see your amazing talents too!

Have a wonderful day, and we look forward to seeing more entries from you guys in the next month!

-Kanra Khan

~~~~~~~~~~

Untitled by Envy Fisher


I live a single little life here
In a small town in Holland
Where nothing happens, or so you’ll hear
And thus my life is nothing special
I cycle to school, walk through town
I do what my parents ask me
I hope I don’t make my family frown
I think about my future
 Not too much, but still
I dream about leaving this place
But don’t think I ever will
I live a simple life
The word ‘average’ describes every day
Sometimes it’s even boring
There isn’t much more I can say

My life is far from boring
The moment I pick up a book
Thanks to the tales books are storing
Life becomes much more special
Hogwarts is where I’ll spend my day
Or I could go back in time
Discover a galaxy far far away
Or play Snow’s cruel game
I could slay dragons and demons
Simply walk into Mordor
And go on quests with Poseidon’s sons
My life is anything but average
As I hang out with weirdos, vampires and crooks
I live a thousand different lives
On the pages of my books
Envy Fisher is one of the admins of Teenage Blogger Central from Netherlands and blogs at Lost in Translation, ranting about life, love (or the lack thereof) as well as books and music. Check out her blog for more great photography and written pieces!
~~~~~~~~~~



Synopsis: 
"Molly Barlow is facing one long, hot summer—99 days—with the boy whose heart she broke and the boy she broke it for . . . his brother.

Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that’s how I know everyone still remembers everything—how I destroyed my relationship with Patrick the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. How I wrecked their whole family. Now I’m serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college, and be done.

Day 4: A nasty note on my windshield makes it clear Julia isn’t finished. I’m expecting a fight when someone taps me on the shoulder, but it’s just Gabe, home from college and actually happy to see me. “For what it’s worth, Molly Barlow,” he says, “I’m really glad you’re back.”

Day 12: Gabe got me to come to this party, and I’m actually having fun. I think he’s about to kiss me—and that’s when I see Patrick. My Patrick, who’s supposed to be clear across the country. My Patrick, who’s never going to forgive me."

*WARNING SPOILER ALERT*

When I first saw this book at the store I thought It was those typical romantic novels, but after reading the synopsis I got really intrigued. The story is about a girl named Molly Barlow, Her mother was a writer and wrote about Molly's affair with her boyfriend's brother as an inspiration. Her boyfriend didn't knew that there was an affair going on until Molly's mom book got into the best sellers. What I really like about this book is the character development, Author Katie Cotugno did really well in developing not only Molly's character but also everyone in the book. The down side of this is the story itself, Molly keeps on hurting everyone around her and even if she knows that she is hurting people she keeps on doing it. Somehow she is self-centered, she wants Patrick and Gabe to herself even if she won't admit it. I'm really not a fan of cheating and hurting people but hey this story is pretty good I give it a 7.5 out of 10! If you're into love stories and summer flings I suggest that you go read this book. 

Kate Margareth blogs at KATE, WITH LOVE and has also been featured in the last TBC Reader issue. Check out her lifestyle blog!
~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you guys liked this issue of the TBC Reader! Feel free to submit artworks, poetry, musings, photography, short stories or even jokes related to our themes! You can also share things you'd like to announce to the Teenage Blogger Central community. Send your submissions to themowolverinewrites@gmail.com either in the form of text with attached images or as a link to the blog-post you want to submit! And we'll see you in the next newsletter!

Theme for April:Hiraeth, meaning a longing for one's homeland, but it's not mere homesickness. It's an expression of the bond one feels with one's home country when one is away from it. Basically, a bit opposite of wanderlust. Have you ever felt this way? Get ready to write about it for the next newsletter!!

3 comments:

  1. I am sure individuals like me will find your blog to be of great help and you covered all the major points and made it very informative. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative, thank you so much.. keep write like this! :)

    ReplyDelete